Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Traditions

Christmas is such a fun time of year. I love when my siblings come into town and we get to spend time together. Christmas is the only time of year that all but one of my siblings comes to Utah. P.s. I just found out yesterday that my sister Katie and her two kids are going to be here long enough to celebrate my birthday on January 7th. :) I am so excited! I have a big family which consists of seven girls and one boy which includes myself. This is why christmas is so much fun at our house. There are 16 grandkids who all come and love to play together. I might add that the house gets a little wild when so many kids are running around like wild animals, but its still fun. Some of the fun things we do all together are decorate gingerbread houses, go sledding/tubbing behind the four wheeler, All open pajamas on christmas eve, sing carols, and interact the nativity scene (which is hilarious might I had). Usually all the kids are apart of it and some of my brother-in-laws. My niece whitney goes crazy around the house finding everything she can to dress all the kids up to play their part. They do a pretty good job acting out parts. On christmas eve we have a tradition of making lots of appetizers and treats. Last year we made food from about 5 different ethnicities. It was so delicious. Lets just say I love food and even more I love food of different cultures. So delicious. Each year we also attend the Joseph Smith Movie at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and go to the lights after. This usually gets a little out of hand because there are so many kids now ( and lets just be honest, it is so cold. Who really wants to spend all that time outside? I think its the worst idea.) But you have to see the lights, it just apart of living in Utah. We all go and we love it. Yay for christmas. I can't wait

No comments:

Post a Comment