Friday, December 11, 2009

Physics

I am aloud to say that physics might be one of my least favorite classes I have ever been enrolled in at Brigham Young University. I think I am aloud to say that. Everyone has their own opinions all the time right. Well I am proud to say that at this point, I only have one more assignment left to do. That means I have turned in 22 so far this semester. I wonder if I could count how many hours a week I physically spent in the physics tutorial lab doing homework problems. I would guess on average lets see, 3 assignments due each week, 4-5 hours each assignment would equate to 15 hrs. It doesn't sound like very much, but when you are in there for 5 hours a time, it sure does feel like a lot of time. Those TA's probably think I am the most wild student. I never knew how to do anything ( i didn't really read the book) that could explain a lot. When I took chemistry I could read and understand the book and that is how I did everything. I didn't just give up on reading the physics book, I did. I gave it a try at the beginning of them semester and NOTHING made sense and what do you know, it still doesn't.
Let me just talk about Dr. Colton for a minute. He is probably one of the most entertaining science related professors I have ever taken a class from. As bad as I hated physics, I always wanted to go to class. This guy is the biggest nerd ever. HA I love it so much. The greatest thing about it is that he totally knows it. I love people like that. They just accept the fact that they are geniuses and lets be honest, I wish I were a nerdy genius. He laughs at everything he says, and I'm sure he practices demo's outside of class just on his own, you know just for fun or what not. My friend chris took physics 105 from Dr. Colton also and told me once that Dr. Colton told there class that on the weekends he blows stuff up with his friends. You know what I'm talking about, you have all done it. Take a little CO2 and have a little fun. :) So great. I will not miss this class! Ask me how much I am looking forward to taking Chemistry next semester........ Lets just say, not so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment